Summary of Position:
The Office Administrator works closely with the Manager of Office Administration to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations within VOMC, helping to maintain organizational systems while supporting Ministry policy and procedures.
All duties are to be executed following the Ministry's stated mission, purposes and values.
Supervisor: Manager of Office Administration - (MOA)
Administrative: 35 %
- In collaboration with MOA, establish work priorities, delegating work to administrative staff and volunteers, ensuring that deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
- Assist the MOA with donor-related inquiries, complaints, activities and relations.
- Assist the VP of Finance with year-end inquiries generated by our Auditors as it relates to inventory, donations, purchase orders, etc.
- Assist VP of Finance with any inquiries relating to the processing of mail batches, banking, etc.
- Answer basic questions resulting from phone calls pertaining to donations, customer service, general inquiries, and then forwarding specific messages to appropriate departments.
- Responsible for the formatting of the monthly thank you letter and its print preparation.
- Responsible for the preparation of batches for posting.
- Ensure that Foreign and Bulk mailings are completed every month.
Database / Computer Responsibilities and Functions: 45 %
- Data entry and maintenance to include new subscriptions, address changes, returned mail, etc.
- Database clean up – contributing to the consistency of donor files and ensuring that appropriate security measures are taken for PCI Compliance.
- Ensure that monthly reports (lapsed donors, donors to be removed, etc.) are completed according to their schedule or upon request.
- Maintain Electronic NL, Persecution & Prayer Alert, and Eblast subscription lists to the PHP list.
- Posting of batches, the printing of income tax receipts, organizing and filing of same.
Inventory / Warehouse (Books & Resources): 15 %
Complete Inventory Cycle...to include:
- Keep Inventory lists and numbers for VOMC’s main warehouse and work closely with the Volunteer Ministry as it relates to book and resource inventory for volunteers; conduct and assist Auditor with annual Inventory Count.
- Prepare purchase orders for books and resources by liaising with VOM USA and other suppliers.
- Ensure accuracy of orders received, correct invoicing and approving invoices for payment.
- Accurately filling constituent’s book and resource orders by picking, packing, mailing and shipping in a timely manner.
- Distribution room – upkeep and re-stocking of shelves.
- Print and maintain a stock list of all printed resources.
- Prepare, print, pack and ship books and resources to Volunteers for events and conferences.
Other Duties: 5 %
Work closely with the Events Manager to:
- Create and maintain event registrations. Compile, process and print name tags, charts, registration information, etc. Respond to any event-related inquiries.
- Receive and process any inquiries via phone calls and/or emails as it relates to events.
- Backup to receptionist when needed.
The MOA may assign other Duties depending on specific needs with the Mission
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Skillful and experienced with database software programs.
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Accuracy and efficiency in recording data.
- Multi-tasking in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in Graphic Design an asset.
- Clerical expertise with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
Must be a team player with experience in providing excellent customer service both internally and externally.